Friday, May 21, 2010

Really Now

When I read about people stealing things, cheating on things, etc. I shake my head in disappointment, "tut tut" a little, and move on. But when I read articles about people stealing wheelchairs of a young, disabled child, I have to say - I get a little irked.

Pardon my language, but what kind of eejit would do something as petty as steal an 8-year-old child's wheelchair when that child is disabled and needs the oxygen tank attached to the wheelchair and all the other special attributes that was specifically designed for this child on this wheelchair. Why. Why?

Why are there people in the world who do such lame things? It's just like my questions I pose to you, reader, about issues like child molestation, child rape, murder, etc. I know I'll never have substantial answers to these questions but I still wonder.

Which gets me thinking about my school. This year, there have been a number of incidences of what one may call "immoral" actions - theft, vandalism. I must say, my school has never had an issue like this in the past 5 years I have been here, but suddenly students think it's amusing to pull pranks like this. I don't really find these pranks to be pranks - who's laughing? It frustrates me that justice isn't always served to those who have done the crime, but what can we do? Why do some demonstrate integrity and common courtesy, while others seem to be oblivious to it?

What is the world coming to...


Click HERE for more information on the wheelchair article.

0 comments: