Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Traveling Blogger

Hello readers! I am currently in Sydney, Australia (so if you're in the San Jose, California - area, I'm about 17 hours ahead of you time-wise). After an agonizing 14-hour plane ride, I'm finally here!

Of course, being myself, I can't help but listen to the local news here. As I was listening to the television news this morning, I heard that a 14-year old teenage girl's rape admittance was aired on the radio show, Kyle and Jackie O show. There is a "Lie-Detector" segment of the show and a young girl's mother volunteered her daughter and herself, in order to find out whether the daughter was sexually active, along with attempting to discover whether the 14-year-old was involved with drugs (etc.). The mother was previously aware of the girl's rape story from a couple months ago, but she wanted to know if her daughter was in any other way involved in sexual relationships. Instead, the girl was forced to re-admit to being raped when she was twelve on a public radio station. The pour girl must feel so embarrassed knowing that her own mother would publicly humiliate her in such a way. Even though the mother may argue that it was for her daughter's own good, did it really need to go so public as to be put on a radio show? What do you think?

E-mail me at wwatcher21@yahoo.com and give me your opinion!

For more information, click here.

0 comments: