1) YAY FOR MEG WHITMAN'S FIRST VICTORY!
2) The oil spill. Someone needs to go put a plug in it. Literally. But we all know that the aftermath of this broken oil well will take years and years to be cleaned up.
3) Watching the show Whale Wars, a trivia question asked the TV audience by how much the ice in Antarctica expands at the beginning of the winter - the answer was by 40,000 square miles. If the ice is ever-expanding, then why is the melting ice that much of a large problem; isn't the net gain/loss zero? I'm confused.
4) I realize that I'll be able to vote in the next presidential election - 2012!
5) I wonder what will truly happen to North Korea and South Korea. Many younger generations (late teens to young adults) of South Korea are completely against the current state of things. They resent the separation of the two Koreas and the intervention of the United States. In fact, there are often strikes, etc. featured on Korean satellite television where these young people are striking the presence of American military and personnel in South Korea. Instead, they insist that the two Koreas must be reunited!!!
What are they thinking. I'm not so sure they know what they'd be getting into if North Korea took over South Korea. I know I wouldn't be able to visit my relatives anymore, that's for sure. And yet, it still surprises me that North Korea, as isolationist and secluded as it is from the rest of the world (the international community), has a soccer team participating in the FIFA World Cup.
Go USA! (And Korea!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment