Everywhere I look, all the news I read is talking about Obama's failure to take a firm stance on immigration - another unfulfilled promise of the Obama administration.
I've already talked about immigration several times, but this issue is just never going to go away. Obama can't seem to make up his mind. Whether it's because he doesn't want to upset some groups who have remained his loyal supporters or not, I don't know. But one thing is clear: Obama has got to get his act together. The Republican governor of Arizona says that the only reason why Arizona took such severe action in regards to its illegal immigrants is he was left with no other choice. If the President of the United States (Obama) would "do his job" and secure our borders, maybe such extreme measures would have had to be taken. Who knows?
Right now, at this time, President Obama needs to make a decision. He can't have it both ways - be nice to the illegal immigrants who snuck in here illegally AND secure the borders. He says he doesn't want to be too harsh on the illegal immigrants and instead wants to find a compromise where these immigrants understand that they have done wrong, but let them stay. I'm sorry, what does that solve? So you're going to give them a little slap on the wrist and say, "Okay, don't do it again!" Well, no DUH they won't do it again - they're already HERE IN THE COUNTRY.
Am I right, or am I right? The borders need to be secured. These illegal immigrants...it's obvious that we can't simply gather them all and evict them. But they do need to be dealt with harshly. Obama claims that doing that is illogical and would "tear at the fabric of the nation", but in reality, it's these people who break the law and are allowed to stay here that are tearing this nation apart. They don't deserve to be here; what makes them better than everyone else who follows the rules?
You can't just cut in line. We learned that in 1st grade, people.
0 comments:
Post a Comment