Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Speak English.

Iota of a Cracka! I believe the term is "Iota of a Cracker." Ha. Ha.
Just kidding. What on earth is that, anyways? Here in America, we speak proper English.
To be honest, I'm not really surprised that such violent racist anger is arising - even though this whole new Black Panther movement is a bit unsettling. Everyone has a right to defend their rights and fight the racism that sadly exists today. But, I think it's another thing to go and say that you need to kill "cracka babies." Really? Because you feel like the whole world (well, world meaning everyone who isn't a black Democrat) is against you, you really need to bring in little innocent children into it? Interesting. Very interesting.

So tell me this - why is it more acceptable for African-Americans to so publicly threaten white people and antagonize anyone who doesn't support them, especially people who ARE NOT BLACK, but oh no. If a white person said ANYTHING negative about a black person, it'd be all over the news for the next several weeks. Do you disagree? I laughed as I saw someone post on Yahoo! Answers, "they should build giant ovens to bake the crackers." Why is it not as offensive to the public for a black person to say "cracker" which is a derogatory name for a white person, as it is for a white person to say the "n-word"? Double standards.

Another disturbing issue is how the Black Panther movement folks are saying they're "ready for the right-wingers". What does that even mean? So all the Republican people who might be supportive of blacks are also going to be antagonized because they're Republican? Once again, I ask - why is it more acceptable for black people to discriminate others for political opinions, but any mention of anti-African-Americanism brings all kind of heat to the table.

Oh, and another thing. I don't think it's wise for the Black Panther movement leader to go around calling news anchorwomen "political prostitutes" on national television. Ahem. Khalil Muhammad. Aren't you supposed to be an icon of good will for the African-Americans? Representing them as the Black Panther movement leader? 
We learn a lot about leadership in school, and I'm pretty sure we're not taught to be that kind of a leader. A leader must respect all sides of the issue, regardless of his/her opinion.

0 comments: