Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to School

In less than 14 days, I will once again be sitting in a classroom for a majority of the day and doing homework every night - exciting. Actually, it will be, since most of the classes I'm taking are subjects I'm interested in...AND I am finally a senior. Go Class of 2011!

But speaking of schools, there's two things that bothered me today.

One would be this picture:


Source: Yahoo! News 

I never knew that this is how you spelled school. S.H.C.O.O.L.
Great. Our society today at its finest, folks.

Second thing that I heard about today is the raping of a high school girl.
A high school male has been raping girls, especially freshmen Special ED girls, repeatedly - and the school did nothing. Oh, I stand corrected.

Someone wanted to walk this particular girl to the bus stop, to ensure that she wouldn't be raped again. NOTICE: She has already been raped. Instead, the principal of the school interferes. The principal doesn't contact the victim's parents or even contact the state police. Instead, the poor girl is used as BAIT to lure the creeper sexual offender and catch him. But MY OH MY, something goes wrong and they can't find the girl! They lose track of her! And she gets raped...again.

Another weird thing? The school never reported the earlier reports of rape at their school to the authorities. Fishy.

Maybe it's because I'm a female, but I can't STAND sex offenders - I feel more anathema towards them than murderers. But only slightly. This really is a great example we set for society. Really.

0 comments: