Friday, October 15, 2010

Warning: Non-Political Blog Post: Big Boys

I was browsing through the New York Times, and I laughed when I saw there was an article about how people are reacting the NBA rule that says that referees are allowed to call technical fouls on players who are just a bit too overreactive.

Really, now. I don't think that this issue is so important that people need to argue about it. Yes, basketball is a very emotional game. Athletes and sporting events tend to get pretty tense, but these people are adults. Get over it? Yes, when I see the Indianapolis Colts getting called for penalties, I get upset. But, you can't just go up to the referee and complain. If it's legitimately wrong, okay. But, if the referee calls it, just accept it and let it go. I don't need to watch a basketball game to see players and referees argue. It want to see people running up and down the court playing a good game of b-ball.

It's just amusing to see people get riled up over things like this. Sometimes, you have to know when to just accept things.

0 comments: