It has been 8 years since the 9/11 burning of the twin towers.
Eight years is a pretty long time; I was beginning 3rd grade at the time, and now I'm a junior. To my disappointment, my school did not have a moment of silence or anything in recognition of the tragic event. Though many lives were taken on that day, I think it's important to remember what happened and honor those who did pass away.
This is why it angers me when I hear people say that 9/11 was a planned attack, or that it was a conspiracy that former President George W. Bush and his administration new about, but did nothing to prevent it. Take Obama adviser Van Jones, for instance. The ridiculous petition he signed in 2004 had several prominent names of people who supported the theory that the Bush administration deliberately allowed the terrorists to attack the twin towers and the Pentagon. Now, Jones apologizes by saying that he never truly supported any of those statements and he never meant to offend anyone. So, then, why did he sign the petition? I don't quite understand that. I don't take his apology sincerely, and I'm pretty sure that many others agree with me.
How can anyone disrepect the Bush administration, and more importantly, the people who gave their lives that day - victims and servicemen alike? It's ridiculous that people would actually consider things like this.
For more information, click here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment