Sometimes I wonder about the adequacy of the justice system of our country. Recently, a group of middle-schoolers was arrested for participating in a food fight at a charter school in Chicago. This entire incident resulted in the injury of 3 students and culminated in several arrests. Really. I didn't realize that 11 and 15-year-olds could be arrested for being involved in a food fight for school. Normal schools would just hand out detentions/suspensions, not call for the police. Do the teachers and principal have no authority in their own schools to restore order that they need the assistance of the FBI?
So, the police immediately arrive to arrest these young students, but they failed to notice the presence of 10 corpses hidden in someone's house, something that's been happening over the course of four years. Ten people were stashed in some murderer's home, and the police were concerned with punishing a few schoolchildren for throwing food at each other. Granted, these police were in Chicago and the other were in Cleveland, but still. The point is that there is something clearly wrong with this picture.
Sometimes I wonder. I really do.
1 comments:
Yeah, the moment I read your first paragraph, I was thinking the same thing! Don't policemen have better things to do with their time? Wow...
Post a Comment