Hello all. So...the title of this post basically says it all. I do apologize for being MIA this week - who knew high school could actually make your schedule BUSY? Hint: That was sarcasm.
Anyways, this whole Fort Hood massacre incident has been bugging me. Really, Major Nidal Hasan needs to be imprisoned, severly severly punished. Something? We know he did it. I can't believe there are lawyers in this world who can defend criminals who are quite obviously guilty. I don't know about you, but killing 13 people and wounding several others (thus, having witnesses) seems like pretty hard-evidence to me that the "alleged" killer is guilty. We have plenty of honorable men and women who are serving our country who lose their lives, every day, whether it be in the field or not. How can there be a killer in a military fort, where it's supposed to be safe? If a military base fort isn't safe, then what is? Many people are wondering what Hasan's motive was. Honestly, yes, that is important, but what is more important is getting him in custody and away from human civilization where he can possibly shoot more people. I don't really care why he did it right now - I'm still angry that he took innocent lives.
Yes, well that was my rant on that.
ONTO BETTER THINGS.
Such as...the oh-so-close passing of Obama's infamous universal health care bill in the House of Representatives. Now, it's all up to the Senate. I can't believe it was a 220-215 vote. Really. Those darn two Democrats who got elected to the House last week! I don't quite like this universal health care idea. It comes across as a bit...oh I don't know...socialist? People at my school always get frustrated with me. They say that I am an elitist. I should want to help all low-income families and make sure that everyone gets a fair chance at good medical health care and etc. It's not that I think that people shouldn't help other people - we are a community after all. I just think that it's not the government's job just to pass a bill that will increase taxes for a certain group/class of people. The world is a confusing place.
Senate. I am counting on you to stop this bill.
1 comments:
I completely agree with you regarding universal healthcare. The problem isn't just the tax money and where it's going; it's the fact that government healthcare reduces the choices of the general public, and in turn it doesn't even work. Canadians come HERE for healthcare for a reason! They have universal healthcare, and it can take years to receive treatment for life-threatening conditions. There are so many things wrong with universal healthcare, not the least of which that it IS socialist. I wish more people at school would see that Obama has some major flaws. People are just so enthralled with his charisma that they're not thinking about what he's saying anymore. We have to be careful before our government ceases to have the freedoms that we have now.
Post a Comment