I know I've been straying away from politics lately, but what can I say? I have other things on my mind - like celebrities kissing people during performances.
Adam Lambert. American Idol contestant. Openly homosexual. I have no problem with this person, except one thing - I get that he's gay, really, I do. I don't need him to shove it in my face. Therefore, I don't think his full-on kiss was necessary during the American Music Awards. I don't find this P.D.A. gross because he's gay; I am NOT homophobic. Personally, I don't want anyone (whether gay, lesbian, bisexual, or straight) kissing anybody on a stage during a performance. I also don't need to see him shoving his backup dancers' faces into his crotch <---I think I might be scarred for life. Oh, one more thing? People are human beings, not animals; we don't use leashes on people. Thanks.
Yes, my totally random rant is now over. What's really caught my attention is the incident with Rom Houben, a person who was diagnosed as comatose for 23 years - but he was really conscious the entire time. He was wrongly diagnosed as being in a coma, and then being in a vegetative state; he just couldn't speak because he was paralyzed. See, this is why we just shouldn't pull the plug. You really never know if that person you care so much about might be alive! Really, you should always have hope. Unless it really is truly the only way to go, I don't agree with people who say that it's better to pull the plug on people in vegetative states or in comas because they will never wake up. Never say never, right? That person might just wake up some day and you might have never known it - because you already pulled the plug.
0 comments:
Post a Comment