First of all, let's all be happy that we gained an extra hour of sleep last night! I love Daylight Savings. Really. I do.
Now, on to more serious topics - like Halloween! The night when trick-or-treaters knock on your door asking for candy, or maybe money for UNICEF. This holiday, if you can call it that, brings in a lot of money for the confection industries. I, myself, can not resist a good Snickers bar or maybe even some peanut M&Ms. Oh the nutty goodness! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Halloween, sans the occasional chocolate here and there. My house has a few pumpkins in the front and sometimes there are even Halloween-themed stickers in the windows. Other than that, it's a typical night.
But I guess the Obamas are big Halloween fans? Or is it a facade...Just kidding! Apparently, the White House was an ideal house to hit up for some candy! All kinds of trick-or-treaters visited our nation's capitol to see President Obama, his wife (dressed as uh...a cat-woman-thing?), and even some of his cabinet members. I must say, the First Wife looks rather uh...cat-ish? Might I suggest she never wear that outfit again? However, I think it was interesting to see the president attempt to get into the Halloween spirit, though he, himself, didn't dress up. I suppose he must maintain his presidential dignity.
No, but in all honesty, I find this going all out for Hallowen very ridiculous. With giant pumpkins and orange lighting, along with the thousands of candies and goodies that the White House kitchen staff prepared, isn't it a bit much? I'm sure those children/families had other places that would give out equally scrumptious sugary goodies. Right?
Well Happy belated Halloween everyone. With love from the White House.
0 comments:
Post a Comment